In GR15 PGF set forth a goal to kickstart a sustained effort to engage grantees for overall grant program success and to support grantees through relationship building and knowledge-sharing opportunities.
Why are we not using Telegram or Discord groups?
While this would allow Grantees to connect, it could cause a number of challenges:
- Having many different individual groups would take a large amount of time and dedicated facilitators for each, which is inefficient and we don’t have the manpower for
- Telegram and Discord are not optimized for Grantees connecting with each other; more for one-off questions. The groups could easily turn into question groups, where the facilitators would likely be answering the same questions/sending the same resources over and over again, and Grantees would mute the group. See: Regen crypto group, Greenpill group, ImpactDAO group as examples
What do we build community for?
Gitcoin Grantee Hierarchy of Needs
- Community discovery
- Conduct 10 interviews with grantees to figure out a typical grantee journey
- Community journeys
- Define community journeys and decide specific touchpoints to involve grantees
- Communicate these journeys with other members of the DAO that are also working with grantees
- Community marketing
- Define avenues to reach out to communities without necessarily promoting or selling a product
- Take an educational approach to communicating with Grantees, directing them to key information that would be helpful
- Community created content
- Create spaces to encourage grantees to create and share artefacts (collections, blog posts, ideas)
- Provide avenues for grantees to take part in the governance forums, memepalooza, host library sessions, host twitter spaces
- Community health indicators
- Develop set of indicators unique to Gitcoin Grantees
- Prepare a set of interventions if certain indicators are bad
Heartbeat is a new communications platform that is ideal for managing communities. With Heartbeat, we could operate a light-weight community of Gitcoin Grantees.
What Heartbeat would allow us to do:
Provide information to Grantees:
Perhaps the best part about Heartbeat is that information is separate from conversation. In the “Docs” tab on the left-hand side of the screen, we would be able to integrate with Notion to put all Grantee onboarding/claiming information. No more looking through the website and old Discord messages— all of information relevant to grantees will be in one place.
Have grantees in one place:
Right now, we have no way to massively contact Grantees, and no “home” for them. Heartbeat would be the place to find and communicate with Grantees.