Simplifying student loan management.
- High fidelity prototypes (mobile)
- Pitch Deck
- Swift prototype
- For Thurgood Marshall College Fund's "The Pitch"
- May 2019, 72 hours
- 🏆 Second Place
Student loans are the second largest source of debt in the U.S.
- Over $1.5 trillion worth of student loan outstanding debt
- More than 45 million borrowers in the United States
- 9.7% default rate
Managing student loan debt is difficult.
- Confusing terms and conditions
- Time-consuming to get right
- Easy to get wrong
We focused the first few hours of the hackathon researching how students currently manage their student loans and why. Being in an environment filled with other college students and graduates we were able to collect many opinions and experiences on the whole student loan process.
Here are the insights we synthesized:
- Didn't know where to start: Borrowers that were currently in school were concerned about their student loans, but were unsure of where to start, or the best way to tackle them.
- Not everyone is a spreadsheet wizard: Borrowers out of school struggled to keep track of all of their different student loans.