📌 This page explains the interview process with Gensyn; we want the process to be informative, enjoyable, fair, and efficient. Regardless of outcome, we will also send you an interview experience survey to collect feedback.
- Gensyn grants machine learning engineers ultra-low cost p2p access
to the world's compute - accelerating AI research and preventing model
- Co-founded in early 2020 by friends Ben Fielding and Harry Grieve. Though working in different industries at the time, both were experiencing the same core problem: the growing compute bottleneck in ML model training.
- Current Team size of 14 people. Scaling to ~30 by summer 2024.
- Fully remote. Timespan = PST (San Francisco) to CET (Berlin). 4x in-person offsites per year.
- Raised >$50m in venture capital. Most recently, our $43m Series A led by a16z.
- Until Q2 ‘23 the company was almost entirely focused on research; we’re now switching to more product focus - with our first release later this year.
Our Interview Process
- Screening Interview with a member of our internal recruitment team (45 minutes)
- Second Round Interview with one of our two co-founders (45 minutes)
- If successful, candidates are then given a job-specific related assessment to present during final round interview.
- Professional references will be requested at this point
- Final Round Interview (2.5 - 3 hours)
- Job-specific assessment results presentation
- Fundamental skills live-coding interview
- Interview with Founder
Please note that for certain positions, there may an extra interview where you speak with one of our key investors/advisors.
👇👇👇 Essential Reading 👇👇👇
The Machine Learning Compute Protocol and our future
Optional Reading / Viewing
Investing in Gensyn - a16z crypto
Thin Protocols - OpenZeppelin blog
Blockchain-based marketplace for compute power Gensyn raises $43 million