What is Leap?
We are Leap, the social learning community for people 55+. We are building a platform to power classes and conversations in small groups, over audio and video.
Apply by sending your resume or Linkedin or anything you are proud of to email@example.com
🤗 We are Leap
- We believe meaningful experiences start in groups of people meeting in small, synchronous settings around shared interests. We are building a social experiences platform for people 55+, a wildly underserved group that is craving better online experiences.
- We are inspired by human connection, and are optimists that believe better technology can enable more connection, learning, and fun.
- We have done this before: Caroline was CEO of Toca Boca (25M monthly actives), and Vishal was CTO of Screenhero (acq by Slack). We are bringing all of these lessons into building Leap.
- We are backed by investors that have supported some of the biggest consumer companies, including Spotify, Klarna, Coursera and Lunchclub.
🤔 Why are we doing this?
It started with an interest in people 55+, in combination with a belief that meaningful connections make people live happier lives. Let's break this down:
- People 55+: There are 1.4 billion people 55+ today, 1.1 billion of them are between 55-75 living healthier longer lives than ever before. People want to continue to learn, connect and grow as they age. There is just no good place to do this.
- Meaningful connections: We are optimists, we believe that software can be the starting point for connected experiences and that it can be done at scale. However, the answer is not in any of the existing social networks or in a large zoom call. Here we are just all alone together. The solution lies in meeting people in small group settings synchronously. Just like we do in the work place, in college, in hobby clubs, at dinners.
The first experiences we are building:
- Leap Chats: Interesting conversations in small groups on shared topics.
- Leap Learn: Learn together with an expert in a group of 5-10 people interested in going deep in the same subject as you.
We spend our time thinking, testing, reading and listening to learn more about: How does sync and async social interlink? How do people feel a sense of belonging? What is unique about collaborative learning? What does it mean to be an aspirational modern brand for this target audience? Where do we find users and what do they want? If this sparks your curiousity, check out our open positions below. Curious but can not find a role for you? There's one for you as well.
We hope that you will join us on this journey,