We are Leap, the social learning community for people 55+. We are building a platform to power classes and conversations in small groups, over audio and video.
In short: Join the founding team. Build at any part of the stack and on any platform — let us know where your strengths are and where you want to learn more. Full time. Great comp and benefits. A fantastic culture centered around an impactful mission with a high sense of ownership, agency, and solidarity. SF Bay Area only — we think being in-person is an important factor in building a great consumer social product. It's a lot of fun too 🙂
Apply by sending your resume or Linkedin or anything you are proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org
🤗 We are Leap
- We believe meaningful experiences start in groups of people meeting in small, synchronous settings around shared interests. We are building a social experiences platform for people 55+, a wildly underserved group that is craving better online experiences.
- We are inspired by human connection, and are optimists that believe better technology can enable more connection and learning.
- We have done this before: Caroline was CEO of Toca Boca (25M monthly actives), and Vishal was CTO of Screenhero (acq by Slack). We are bringing all of these lessons into building Leap.
- We are backed by investors that have supported some of the biggest consumer companies, including Spotify, Klarna, Coursera and Lunchclub.
More on Leap: Join the founding team
🕶 About you
- You're collaborative, generous with your time, and enjoy a sense of solidarity with those you work with.
- You enjoy building consumer-facing products and interacting directly with the people that use what you've built.
- You're curious and love to learn — by diving into new problems, understanding technology and systems you haven't worked with before, and better understanding how to build and design better products.
- You have shown a desire and effectiveness at building software at any point in the stack — frontend, backend — and on any platform.
- Quality, reliability, security, and privacy matter to you.
- You're looking to join a small, early-stage team that cares about one another, cares about users, and cares about building world-class products.
- You want a fast-paced, loosely-structured work environment that challenges you and that you learn from, but that is also made sustainable through balance and a recognition of a life outside the company.