Companies of the future will be fully remote or heavily distributed. Flok exists to help these companies seamlessly bring their teams together in-person. We fundamentally believe that you cannot build a strong company culture through a screen alone.
🏅 Our team 🏅
- Flok's co-founders all met at MIT in 2014.
- We are backed by world class investors including Y Combinator, Pear VC, Soma Capital, and GFC.
- Next 5 full-time hires:
- Head of Retreats // Product Designer // Front End Engineer // Full Stack Engineer // Sales Lead
💥 Our culture 💥
- Our cofounders were collegiate athletes. We are highly competitive and enjoy being in a team environment.
- We don't take ourselves too seriously. We enjoy each others company and think it's important to make work as fun as possible.
- We take our work very seriously. We want to partner with folks who are passionate about Flok's vision. We typically work 12+ hour days Monday through Thursday, 8am-5pm on Friday, and as needed on Sunday. We don't expect you to work our hours, but startups are not a 9 to 5 job in our experience.
- We're committed to building a distributed company and will fully support you no matter where you want to be located.
- On the weekend, we're the type of people who are hanging out at the park, hosting dinner parties, working out, or watching/playing sports. That being said, we are actively seeking to work with people who are not like us. We think to build a great team, you need people with many different backgrounds and experiences.
👀 Our vision 👀
- We're a VC backed company. Our investors expect us to grow fast and strive to be a $1B+ company.
- Short term: help companies plan in-person retreats end-to-end. Whether it’s the entire company or just the executive team, we recommend where to meet based on employee locations and preferences, book the perfect accommodations, plan the itinerary, and coordinate all flights and ground transportation.
- Medium term: automate as much of our short term vision as possible. Travel is a historically stale and slow moving industry. We want to change that.
- Long term: be the global brand for in-person corporate events. We want to help bring teams together, whether they are remote, distributed, or office-first.