❗ Report an incident with the Incident Report form here ←
Document Owner - Quality Outcomes Manager
Effective from October 2021
Applicable Policy: Incident Management Policy
To provide Five Good Friends workers (staff, volunteers and contractors) and stakeholders with an approach to incident management that promotes fast reporting and effective investigation incorporating analysis, corrective actions and ongoing improvement.
- An incident is any unplanned event during work that caused, or had the potential to cause illness, injury, property damage, or disruption to normal services.
- Members and workers impacted by an incident should be a part of investigation and resolution activities.
- Shared Notebook - the Shared Notebook feature provides a great way to share important information to the key team - Helper, Members, and the AR/Sharers. Where appropriate, Shared Notebook should be used to notify of an incident, change in Member needs, identify and communicate risks, and provide updates as relevant.
Verbal Reporting and Initial Response to an Incident
- At the time of an incident the primary responsibility of workers is to respond to and promote the safety of themselves and others. This may include actions such as:
- contacting emergency services
- providing first aid
- removing people from harm where it is safe to do so.