When asked, most Notion users will say they started using the tool because they saw a template or use case that inspired them. They suddenly saw how Notion could be useful for their life and work. This is the power of templates. Here at Notion, we want to create more templates that can significantly help people across goals, teams, industries, countries, and more.
To make this possible, we're looking to hire someone who can oversee all template operations - creation, discovery, usage, moderation, editorial, and more. Currently, our community is making and submitting thousands of templates every month. Some folks make a living selling them as products. Others do it just for fun. We have the opportunity to build out a robust marketplace and platform - think the Apple App Store for Notion - and make it a vibrant, interactive destination for our millions of users around the world. The person in this role will have free rein to build, manage, and innovate in this area.
What you'll achieve
- Strategize: Make strategic decisions about how templates are created, added and featured in our Template Gallery. Work with our community to cover all important use cases and audiences, and help us develop our own high-quality template manufacturing line in-house.
- Manage: Manage a team of template builders and contractors helping us rev up our template offerings in all languages. Help create assets that could be useful alongside other product launches and brand narratives we want to share.
- Moderate: Help us open up interactive features so that our community can respectfully and enthusiastically discuss and learn from each other's creations.
- Build: Project manage our Template Gallery efforts and all of our internal template building processes. We'll want to continue adding new functionality that excites and helps our community benefit from templates and inspiration.
Skills and toolsets you'll bring
- Project management: You'll work with a lot of different stakeholders, tracking progress, milestones, delivery dates, and why decisions have been made. You'll manage and grow a team over time.
- Notion expertise: This is a role for someone who is very familiar with the product and all of its extended abilities. All of these features will be engaged in managing our template production over time, and we're looking for someone who can match the right Notion setup to any challenge.
- Problem solving: You need to be able to clearly see how Notion templates can meet challenges in the simplest possible way. What tools do people need to reach their goals? What is the most elegant possible solution?
- Design standards: We like to keep our design work crisp and minimal, while also demonstrating functionality and quality of craftsmanship.
- Strong execution: You have a strong execution mindset. We're moving fast and there is a lot to do every day. You don't mind getting scrappy!
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with the Notion aesthetic: Do you like creating in the Notion style?
- You're analytical: You know how to conduct experiments, understand metrics in a tool like Amplitude, and create reports.
Locations: 🌁 San Francisco, CA · 🗽New York, NY
👉 To apply, please send over your resume and a Notion template you've created.