Our Community Guidelines are designed to ensure our community stays productive. Creating a safe and supportive MyFocusSpace environment comes down to how each one of us shows up for each other, day to day, moment to moment.
You'll find a full list of our Community Guidelines below:
- Be yourself. The authenticity of MyFocusSpace begins with the people.
- Be respectful. This applies to every person, at all times.
- Be committed. When you work next to someone, you think twice before letting yourself be distracted from the work at hand. Once you booked a session and you are matched honor your commitment to showing up, your partner relies on your presence.
- Be professional. Treat your partner as you would want someone you value to treat you.
- Protect your attention. Once you presented yourself and shared with your partner what you will be working on, we advise to mute yourself and ask your partner to do the same. Keep your phone away and stay there the whole session. (going to the bathroom is ok) Keep your conversations with your partner at the beginning and the end of the session.
- Be intent and focused. Get in the flow of working. Use our beautiful "Mindful Minute" task list to make sure you are working on the right things. Cheer yourself and your partner when the session is done.
- Track your progress. The brain is like a muscle. The more you use it, the easier it will get to dive in into productive deep working sessions. We made it dead simple to track you focus and get all the insights you need. To make the best of it, be honest with yourself and rate your energy, attention, productivity, focus honestly. To keep track of your progress you have to have sessions on MyFocusSpace.
Please note that these principles are intended to be high-level guidelines only. If you’re interested in knowing what can get people kicked off MyFocusSpace, please see the Rules sections below. 🙂