There are currently three switch products that are designed for easy configuration and management, these are:
The management method for these products is generally the same, and is achieved by way of an STM32 microcontroller embedded onto the board. The management method is achieved by:
- The STM32 microcontroller can be programmed by way of an SWD header on the board
- The STM32 microcontroller implements firmware that communicates with the onboard switch chip via SMI or SPI (depending on the board).
- This firmware writes configurations to the registers onboard the switch chip.
- The switch chip has no non-volatile memory, however the STM32 microcontroller does have non-volatile memory. This means the STM32 microcontroller is programmed to write the desired configuration at startup.
- STM32Cube IDE (free software)
- SMI driver (contact us for this)
- You will need to know the specific STM32 microcontroller embedded on the board you have (contact us and we will let you know)
- You will need to know the specific switch chip used on the board