Welcome! Eventcaster is the social events platform built on Farcaster and Ethereum. With it, you can create, discover, and join events, all without leaving your Farcaster feed. This is a guide of more info on how to use the service.
If you have questions, message @mko4444 on Telegram or email email@example.com.
3 ways to RSVP to an @event:
- Reply 👍 to any thread that has been tagged with @event. The bot will respond with a confirmation within a minute or so.
- Reply 👍 to any cast that contains a Partiful, Luma, or Eventcaster link (even if it’s not tagged by the bot). We pick up and display popular event sites on our site automatically.
- Tap the purple “Mark Going” button on an event on our site. This one requires you to sign in.
3 ways to create an @event:
******Tag @event: you can tag the bot in a standalone cast or reply to anyone else’s cast to turn their cast into an event. Include a name, start date/time, end date/time, location, and/or a URL. All the fields are optional, and you don’t have to format anything— the bot uses GPT to format your cast. Within a minute or two, the bot will respond with an event link.
👍 The OC (original caster) of a thread can sign in to Eventcaster and edit an event created through the bot. If you create an event from someone else’s cast, keep in mind that they are the one who can edit the event.
Here’s an example of @matthew creating an event by replying to his own cast.
- Cast an event link: simply cast your Luma or Partiful link (no need to tag the bot) and it will automatically appear on Eventcaster. At any time, you can sign in and edit the event.
- Use our website: you can sign in to our website and create events straight from there.
- Who can use Eventcaster?
Anyone with a Farcaster account can use Eventcaster right now. You don’t even have to sign in! Just interact with @event on Farcaster. We plan to open up RSVPs to anyone with an ENS address in the short-term future.
- What are community pages?
Every community that hosts events on Eventcaster gets their own page of events. It’s a single place to go to coordinate your community’s events strategy, and for members to find out about events in your community. We’re focused on building tools around that experience to make your life easier. To get a page for your community, please fill out this form.
- How can I add multiple hosts or communities to events?
It’s a manual process right now. Message @mko4444 on TG and he’ll be happy to help.