Purpose of the Role
Fleet Specialists are critical to elmo’s success as a business, they are the individuals who are responsible that everything with our cars is up to elmo (and government!) standards. The role is wide-ranging and multi-faceted but the core is being accountable for the administration of all company related fleet matters in ensuring records are up-to-date. As part of this Fleet Specialists are responsible for, all aspects of the elmo car lifecycle such as organising taxation/registrations, and scheduling inspections, maintenance & vehicle repairs.
elmo is a start-up and whilst your focus will be fleet operations there’s lots of opportunities for growth in this role and experiencing other aspects of the business. We’re looking for individuals who can work in an agile and flexible environment using multiple systems. You’ll be one of our first hires and will be working within the Fleet team but also with other Operations & Product teams at elmo to help define our future processes.
- The core responsibilities of the role is to support key Fleet Ops services: taxation, registration, insurance MOT’s, Inspections, POC/POD, service, maintenance, vehicle repairs, breakdown and movement of vehicles where required
- An important part is to manage vehicle servicing & maintenance by proactively scheduling vehicle checks, placing and managing orders, and rapidly responding to in-life vehicle faults like a flat tyre or a breakdown
- We’ve got high standards at elmo, so we’re looking for people who can put in place great quality control for our Fleet and make sure that external vendors are kept to SLAs
- Making our logistics run smoothly is super important to us, so we need people who can be on-top of managing our vehicle movements with our vendors, making sure we keep to SLAs and keep our customers happy!
- Reporting on our Fleet to management is key, so we need individuals who have great organisation skills and attention to detail to make sure that all data is kept accurate and up to date
- We encourage everyone at elmo to take responsibility to improve our processes or reporting, so we’re looking for people who are thinking of ways for us to work better whilst they’re doing their job, feedback is actively encouraged!
Servicing & Maintenance
- Ensure that all vehicles are serviced at relevant mileage or time intervals
- Following up on any overdue service reminders
- Placing and managing orders with key service agents
- Swift response to in-life vehicle faults such as tyres, glass, breakdown and RTA’s (Road Traffic Accident)
- Provide advice to leadership on trends or anomalies in inspection checklists, repair quality.