If you know someone who would be a great addition to the MUI team, please submit them as a referral. If they're successfully hired and all referral criteria are met, you'll receive a referral bonus!
- $1,000 base referral bonus when the new hire joins.
- $3,000 confirmation bonus for referrals that are not off-boarded within the first 5 months after joining. This is to make sure the referral fits in the long run.
ℹ️ Employee taxes might apply depending on your legal status. This model should ensure fairness between different legal statuses and government income redistribution schemes.
Defining a referral
While "sourcing" and "referring" are similar activities, there are distinctions based on their respective familiarity and confidence in regard to the prospective candidate.
A referral is:
- Someone you feel would be a great addition to the MUI team.
- Someone you are claiming a personal or professional relationship with.
- Someone you could make a confident claim about regarding their cultural adaptability (to MUI), how well they align with our values, and their ability to excel in a given role.
A referral is not:
- The opposite of the above, e.g. someone that has been already sourced.
- Employees satisfaction. Employees bringing in people they are familiar with would enjoy working with leads to making their work environment more friendly and engaging, especially if they join their team.
- Talent is everything. Talent is everything when it comes to winning in a competitive space, a game all corporations play. MUI should maximize its chances to source better candidates that its competitors. Assuming that as humans we tend to surround ourselves with people that are similar to us, then a great person at MUI is likely to know others.
- A financial incentive to quick-start conversations. While you might already go to your network to source potential candidates, it might not come naturally to start these conversations. A financial incentive can help quick-start these conversations with potential new candidates.
- Signaling it’s important. The bonus signals that it’s important for MUI.
Submitting a referral
You have a few ways for the referral to be attributed to you
Add the referral to the hiring process from Ashby: https://ashbyhq.notion.site/Referrals-and-Referral-Links-9418282762224481bd30861997baaf07#2e828be87d804b92807452fb28bbf9f5
The referral mentions in his role application who is referring him. So simply tell him to leave a note during his application or first interview. The hiring team can then update the application in Ashby:
Create an application link with the referral built-in https://ashbyhq.notion.site/Referrals-and-Referral-Links-9418282762224481bd30861997baaf07#2e828be87d804b92807452fb28bbf9f5
Referral bonus eligibility
All MUI team members are eligible for the referral bonus, except in the following circumstance: