Factfullness of Gender Equality at Workplace
村上由美子 - OECD東京センター 所長 * OECD has a lot of data
山口 慎太郎 - 東京大学 准教授
- The data shows that Japanese women are scoring high in Math, Literacy and group collaboration. Also it's not so bad in terms of getting the 1st job. However, less paid in salary.
- The main reason why women leave their jobs is because they are not satisfied with the work. = Not very comfortable working environment.
Q. Are men happy then? What makes you motivated?
The current system of 年功序列 (you serve longer and you get promoted automatically), 総合職・一般職 (women have to pick if they want to work in the same way as men, or just administration role) is not helping. Needs to change.
- The 1st step to tacker inequality is to visualize the bias.
- e.g. EDGE認証
- Changing mindset is good, but not enough. e.g. Unconscious bias could cancel out the good behaviour (Moral licensing). System should be designed to remove the bias.
- Also there is a research to prove that "difference between men and women" are programmed through society and system, not genetic.
The Reality of Diversity & Inclusion - Costly, Taking Time and Difficult to Measure ROI?
岡島 悦子 - プロノバ 代表取締役社長
神元 佳子 - キリンビール 広域法人統括本部長
津田 純子 - エポスカード 取締役 執行役員
- It was a great opportunity to listen to the women who are in influential positions!
- 1st step: More women horizontally (They don't quit), 2nd step: More women vertically (They step up to senior positions)
- They begin by changing the way of working. e.g. Meeting with diverse members, paternity etc. It requires "sponsor", who can give permission for juniors to speak out. Building safe environment.
- Diversity increases creativity, which drives more changes of business growth
- Make sure it doesn't become the battle of different groups
- Example: らくちんパンプス