Source - https://money.cnn.com/interactive/technology/masayoshi-son-profile/index.html
TL;DR - Masayoshi Son’s SoftBank is changing venture capital with a massive influx of cash, for better or worse.
Helpfulness - 5
Tags - notable investors, softbank, international, startup valuations
- Who is Masayoshi Son?
- What is SoftBank’s approach to early-stage funding?
- How has this impacted the rest of the venture capital ecosystem?
- Masayoshi Son founded SoftBank in the 1980s and has had both incredible successes and large failures since then.
- The main vehicle for his current ambitions is the $100B Vision Fund.
- Today SoftBank is under fire for providing the cash to allow unprofitable companies to continue to grow.
- SoftBank is also accused of inflating internet startup valuations.
Follow up links: