Simple & Secure Config Management for Node.js
Github Repo →
Define all your config in one place.
Strong Config will load the correct config file based on your NODE_ENV
Have you ever...
❓...struggled with config drift between local, staging, prod...?
❓...forgot to update the production config after updating the development config?
❓...forgot to tell your teammates to update their local
.env files after you made a change?
❓...worried about leaking secrets by accidentally pushing your
.env files to GitHub?
❓...wished you could nest config values in your
❓...had a CI build fail due to environment variable issues?
💪 Strong Config is here to help!
- Commit your configs to version-control for all your environments safely and easily
- Define your config in JSON or YAML instead of
- Nest your values for clearly structured config files
- Validate your config against a JSON Schema to catch config errors early
- Encrypt your secrets with strong cryptography. Fully encrypted at rest and only decrypted in-memory at runtime.
- Safeguard your config through git hooks. Ensure config is valid and encrypted before committing and pushing.
- Easy integration with the most popular cloud key management services AWS KMS, Google Cloud KMS, and Azure Key Vault. Powered by Mozilla's SOPS.
- Enforce environment-specific permissions via your KMS. Decide who can encrypt and decrypt configs for which environments. For example, you could allow all engineers to decrypt your staging config, but restrict the production config to fewer people.
- Auto-generate TypeScript types for your config (requires a JSON Schema)
You can define config files as JSON or YAML
Config before encryption
Here is a raw config as you would create it during development: