Update: 13 Feb 2023
There is approximately $4000 USD in proceeds from GR15 for the iGEM project. Acknowledging that we don’t have the resources to field our own team this year, we have pivoted to a new strategy: using these funds to offer three prizes to existing iGEM teams who are aligned with open science, DeSci, and LabDAO.
These sponsorships will be awarded on a competitive basis to teams which apply. We will also provide additional computational/scientific support on a case by case basis.
Goals for this initiative:
- Generate awareness of LabDAO within the iGEM community (marketing!)
- Identify new users of the platform and tools and enable continuation of their 2023 projects by creating custom tooling (customer discovery and sales!)
- Identify individuals who may be a good fit for a true LabDAO-hosted decentralized team in 2024 (recruiting!)
- Use this as a foothold with iGEM HQ to sponsor a DeSci prize at the 2023 jamboree (marketing!)
- Engage our scientific advisors / SAB (scientific advisory board?) and broader community through reviewing applications for our prizes and in supporting aligned/cool/interesting/useful iGEM teams (community!)
- Distribute memo describing the sponsorship through the iGEM community
- Application involves google form / survey
- Review of applications by SAB/expert panel
- Award prizes: $2000 for winner, 2x$1000 runner up prizes (?)
- Support teams based on their applications; even non-winners may be supported!
- Present DeSci prize at 2023 Jamboree
Write memo / 1-pager & associated collateral
- Email to go out via iGEM HQ?
- Website updates?
- Application form (see below)
- Determine criteria/questions to ask applicants
- Idea: ask some broad, open questions about the team and project. Let them submit in a format that they think best lets them express this: slide deck, written answers, presentation with Loom/Zoom recording
what questions do we ask tho…
- Application deadline
- Prize amounts
Announcing the 2023 iGEM team sponsorship by LabDAO
Our website (what do we want to do with this? have it just be the sponsorship/contest we’re announcing?)