What we're looking for 👀
We're looking for an Illustration Technician to join our team for a freelance position (approx. 20 hours/week, with the opportunity to work up to 40 hours/week based on needs and availability).
Do you have a creative background with great attention to detail? Do you get immense satisfaction from fixing and putting things in order? Apply to participate in the behind-the-scenes work of building a unique creative tool!
You'll be working with our Studio team, including our Director of Studio & Creative Production, Studio Coordinator, and Scene Designers, to ensure that our illustrations are technically flawless and tagged with the correct metadata for the designstripe application.
- Testing and identifying technical errors and imperfections in vector illustrations, and applying fixes in Adobe Illustrator and other software as needed
- Identifying and assigning metadata to colours, strokes, fills, and shapes in a wide variety of illustrations based on the aesthetic and functional needs of our application
- Learning and helping identify and document individual metadata tagging needs and guidelines for each illustration style added to designstripe
- Becoming an expert at using our internal tools, and helping test features under construction
- Documenting bugs, feedback, and feature wish lists
- Participating in developing our unique product offering
- Fluent in written English and conversant in spoken English
- Familiarity with design & illustration software and technologies (such as Illustrator, Figma, Photoshop); experience working with vector illustration a plus
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to follow guidelines and documentation