At Deepnote, we are building the next generation of data science tools. A platform where teams can explore, analyze and present data from start to finish. No more barriers — we want to make notebooks the focal point for any data team.
We're looking for a Frontend engineer to join our core team. You'll work on some of the most difficult problems in the field.
Your responsibilities will range from writing beautiful and performant code to gathering user feedback, all the way to crafting delightful user experiences. You'll become an expert in data tooling and we'll trust you to make the call which technologies we use and which features we implement.
- Typescript, React, GraphQL
- Design system based in Figma, with components in Storybook
- Backend running on Node.js, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Infrastructure in Kubernetes, AWS
What you'll work on:
- You will implement and improve features on our real-time collaborative notebook interface.
- You will improve and add new components based on our design system. You will also define how we the implemented design system should be used internally.
- You will improve the rendering performance by working with virtualization and memoized components.
- You will learn about data science tools and form opinions that will ultimately drive the product.
- You will support our community of data scientists and developers and help them succeed using Deepnote.
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience.
- You were part of a team where you built complex web applications in TypeScript and React.
- You are familiar with build tools like Webpack or esbuild.
- You have experience with owning large projects that you are comfortable to break down or delegate.