Build a world where every young person benefits from mental health support
This document exists to translate the above company mission into a set of concrete deliverables and behaviors that we believe will allow us to make that mission a reality.
We believe that teens are unable to receive the care they need because they're unable to access care and they and their parents are unaware that they need care. Daybreak succeeds as a business by increasing awareness and reducing barriers to entry without sacrificing quality of care.
To accomplish this we need to ensure that Engineering acts as a force multiplier in everything we do. As an organization Engineering must be nimble yet able to deliver robust technical solutions. We accomplish this by making sure our routine tasks are cheap and our system is robust enough that we don't pay even marginal taxes to keep it up and functioning.
The below statements highlight the key things we must accomplish to be nimble enough to support the continued growth of Daybreak.
Daybreak System - 2023
- Patients interact with Clinicians and the Daybreak System through a world class, fully tested, feature-granular uptime monitored mobile app (Daybreak - Teen Counseling)
- Parents interact with Clinicians and Operations personnel through a fully tested, feature-granular uptime monitored web app.
- Clinicians interact with patients and the Daybreak System through a fully tested, feature-granular uptime monitored web app.
- Operations personnel interact with Patients, Clinicians and the Daybreak System through a fully tested, feature-granular uptime monitored web app.
- Our Clinician, Operations, Patients & Parent facing applications have beautiful, easy-to-use web/mobile interfaces.
- We are able to confidently and easily deploy all non-mobile codebases many times per day with no chaos or fanfare.
- All routine tasks (Eg. database migrations, load balancing, branch management, test execution, build running) are reduced to reliable one click activities or automated away completely.
- New features are rolled out inside an Experimentation Framework where we have full control over the scope and impact of the roll out and can easily compare distinct features and sub-variants to one another in an apples to apples comparison.
- Fully automated backup procedures, including routine system failover tests, ensure that our system is hardened against catastrophic failure.
- GDPR, CCPA and similar regulatory regimes are readily supported by the Daybreak System as a minor or non-existent tax on the business as a result of simple solutions to complex problems.
- HIPAA and similar regulatory regimes are readily adhered to by the Daybreak System and exert a minor or non-existent tax on the business as a result of simple solutions to complex problems.