To connect Datafold to your BigQuery project, you will need to create a service account for Datafold to use.
- Navigate to the Google Developers Console. Before proceeding, click on the drop-down to the left of the search bar and select the project to which you want to connect:
NOTE: If you do not see the project you would like to connect to listed in the drop-down, click on the account switcher in the upper right corner of the window and ensure you are logged in to a Google account that is a member of the project.
- Click on the hamburger menu in the upper left and select IAM & Admin and then Service accounts.
- Click Create New Service Account button and give it a name:
- Under Project Role, add BigQuery Job User and BigQuery Data Viewer roles:
- On the next screen, select to create a new JSON key for your service account. You will use it for creating BigQuery connection in Datafold:
- Create a dataset "datafold_temp" that will be used by Datafold for materializing intermediate results and to improve performance of the analysis.
- Grant the newly created service account BigQuery Data Owner role in the "datafold_temp" dataset: