Information from r/India
Covid-19 Vaccination is going across India for 45 years and older at Government (Free) as well as Private Hospitals (Rs 250). Vaccines being administered are Covishield and Covaxin. Ways to get appointment for Covid-19 Vaccine are:
Online or App-based Appointment
- https://selfregistration.cowin.gov.in/ - One can book a free appointment for themselves or for two or three people at one go, basis their phone number and Aadhaar IDs. After this, they just need to land up at the designated place on the day and time of appointment.
- Aarogya Setu - One can download this app on an iOS or Android phone and register inside it - Explained in this Youtube Video - After this, they just need to land up at the designated place on the day and time of appointment.
- On-Site Registrations - On-site registrations allow those people who can't self-register in advance or for someone who does not have access to a smartphone or internet to walk into the identified Covid-19 vaccination sites and get themselves registered on-site and vaccinated. This facility is available in both government and empanelled private hospitals.
One must carry any one of the following IDs at the vaccination center:
- Aadhar Card
- Electoral Photo Identity Card (EPIC)
- The Photo ID card specified at the time of registration in case of online registration (if not Aadhar or EPIC)
- Certificate of co-morbidity for citizens in the age group of 45 years to 59 years (signed by a registered medical practitioner)
After the beneficiary is registered and gets the first shot of a Covid-19 vaccine, a digital QR Code-based provisional will be issued (on receiving the first vaccine jab) and final (on receiving the second shot) also known as certificates.