👋🏽 Hi there
🏆 Your Objective
💡 Create and Maintain World Class Products
🥷🏽 How you'll help us achieve it
Day-to-day you’ll work with a cross-functional group of engineers, data scientists, marketers and designer to understand opportunities, spec out potential solutions and prioritize improvements to our products with such goals as improving onboarding rates, adding new growth opportunities in the form of supporting new products, making it faster and easier for existing users to get their job done faster on Curacel.
To achieve objectives like these, you’ll work hand-in-hand with the engineering lead on the team to ensure that sprints are planned, backlogs groomed, and that the engineers can operate as effectively as possible. You’ll work with the rest of the product team to ensure that your roadmap is aligned with the overall goals of the company and product. Together with our designer, you’ll conduct user research. You’ll frame questions and use our various analytics tools/platforms including Mixpanel to answer them. You’ll define, set up and run experiments. You’ll work with support to understand issues users are facing and prioritize solving them.
In this role, you’ll
- Be responsible for discovery, development and improvement of existing features
- Own and shape the backlog, roadmap and vision of cross-functional product teams.
- Coordinate resources, creating project timelines, to ensure on time delivery in high quality
- Manage external product partners as well as internal stakeholders and communication
- Interface with business development, operations and customer service to ensure that the desired economic and operational KPIs are met throughout the lifecycle of a product
- Analyse user feedback and drive continuous product improvement
- Work for the development and success of our Product. Be a key resource in contributing to shape the customer experience of our users.
🗓 In your first few months, you'll
- Get up-to-speed on our current set of product development & growth/analytics tools and systems, our data model, our product roadmap.
- You’ll need to quickly understand how our product works, the capabilities we have, the nuances of how users onboard, how transactions are processed, delivered, and how throughout the entire process we provide support to our users.
- You'll create the systems that allow us to conduct sprints effectively while meeting our goal of building fast.
- You’ll want to spend time getting to know the engineering team, as well as our success team.
- You are passionate about building a great product, for this role, so we have a bias for a PM with a technical or design background.
- You’ve managed the full life-cycle of core features of a web or mobile product in the past and you probably have 4+ years of professional product management experience ideally in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment.
- You know how to develop, clearly communicate and then drive implementation of a product roadmap by prioritizing ruthlessly and making complex tradeoffs thoughtfully and collaboratively together with Engineering, Marketing and other stakeholders.
- You have strong analytical skills and are not afraid to learn or use new tools, write SQL in Periscope, dig through tickets in Intercom, fire up a Jupyter notebook, dig into some python code or do whatever else it takes for you to frame questions and get data quickly so you and your teams can better understand a problem and prioritize solutions.
- You are excited about working remotely and have the skills and self-discipline to do so effectively.
- Oversee new feature development from start to finish: Ideation, Inception, Error/Risk mitigation, timely delivery, initial release, and data feedback gathering for informing future development
- User-centric design approaches and strong product instincts
- Ability to take a nebulous, vague list of desires & requirements and distill them down into engineering actionable items.
🗓 You might be a good fit if
- You aspire to lead and develop true product teams, not feature teams.
- Have a background in engineering or other technical field
- Are a creative and flexible problem solver, and interested in finding the best solutions for our particular needs
- Like getting in the weeds and making projects happen
- Are excited about multiple kinds of work and want to help out where it’s needed
- Are comfortable defaulting to over-communication and overreaching when it comes to coordination.