This page is maintained by @Eleftherios Chelioudakis
- September 2019: Ms. Lina Mendoni, Greek Minister of Culture and Sports, issued her decision to establish a legislative committee entrusted with the transposition of the CDSM directive.
- Τhe President of the Law-making Committee is Prof. Dr. Irini A. Stamatoudi from the University of Nicosia (Cyprus).
- The Committee is composed of 6 members. You can find a full list of all the stakeholders involved here (EL)
- It should be mentioned that the Hellenic Copyright Organization issued a press release one day after the Minister's Decision was published. With this press release the HCO states that based on Article 69, Art.1 of Law 2121/1993, it is itself entrusted with law-making obligations regarding Copyright law and related topics in Greece. Thus, it considers that the establishment of this Law-making Committee constitutes a breach of HCO's tasks as provided by law.
- April 2020: The Hellenic Copyright Organization opened a public consultation as regards the transposition of the CDSM Directive. It's worth mentioning that members of the Hellenic Copyright Organisation serve as members of the Law-making Committee, as well.
- 15 May 2020: Deadline for submitting input.
- See Homo Digitalis submission here.
- 19 June 2020: The Hellenic Copyright Organization has a meeting with Homo Digitalis to discuss Homo Digitalis' input.
- Projected time-line:
- 30 June 2020: ****The Committee is scheduled to complete its tasks.
- Until the end of September 2020 there are no available information as regards the completeness of the tasks of the Legislative Committee.
📑 National implementation overview
Greece implementation structure