People Ops Manager
WHY JOIN CLOSE THE GAP
Close the Gap is a 100% volunteer-based organization dedicated to creating a future of equitable opportunities for low-income students and professionals. Founded in 2018, Close the Gap focuses on mentorship, workshops, project-based learning, financial/resource assistance, and awarding scholarships.
At Close the Gap, your individuality is your strength. We are a small, diverse, nimble group of innovators, disruptors, trailblazers who are trying to leverage technology to solve the challenge of widening opportunity gaps that prevent low-income students from fulfilling their fullest potential due to their financial limitations.
Volunteering here gives you an opportunity to impact lives, invest in your growth and development, and be part of a fun and inclusive team. Together, we can build a future without opportunity gaps.
This role reports to our COO (president and cofounder in the interim). Learn more about volunteering with us.
WHY CLOSE THE GAP NEEDS YOU
- You are passionate about our mission to close the opportunity gap and excited about the opportunity to create a roadmap to people ops excellence.
- You want to make a difference to bridge the gap for FGLI students and leaders.
- You will provide leadership for people operations: recruiting, culture, inclusion & belonging.
- Key responsibilities include assisting hiring managers with recruiting needs, managing internal communications, keeping our volunteering site updated, and overseeing our volunteer retention.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage our streamlined ATS (e.g. Notion + Airtable + Slack integration).
- Collaborate with our operations and leadership teams to identify headcount needs.
- Manage multiple volunteer requisitions at the same time.
- Set and maintain SLAs/SOPs to ensure a positive candidate experience.
- Execute end-to-end recruiting needs, intake, JD review, recruiter screen, debrief, onboarding.
- Coordinate interview time and debriefs for hiring managers.
- Develop and manage an onboarding experience that makes every new hire's experience special.