The Celo Foundation invites all builders, dreamers, doers, and designers! Thank you for helping the Celo community achieve its mission of financial inclusion and prosperity for everyone. Our goal is to foster innovation and cultivate talent in the Celo Ecosystem.
As the Celo Foundation Grants Program continues to expand on its ability to empower the Celo community, we have generated a list of requests for proposals! This list will continue to evolve over time.
Leverages the power of Celo's mobile-first blockchain features to build financial products that are open mobile and real.
- Community funding platform: Entrepreneurs on the Celo platform would benefit from being able to raise funding compliantly and at low cost. Proposals may include building a compliant platform that incentivizes liquidity providers and founders to participate in mission aligned projects within the Celo ecosystem.
- DeFi Middleware: Lending platforms, Automated Market Makers on Celo.
- Liquidity management. Tools that help automate different strategies to manage liquidity for digital assets.
- DeFi aggregators: One of the hurdles to DeFi adoption is accessibility and understanding from users. DeFi aggregators can simplify the user experience around interacting with DeFi protocols.
- Tokenization of different asset classes: We’re starting to see how NFTs are being used to enable new asset classes on blockchains—and we’re just beginning to explore what’s possible. We would like to see more research around how to create and deploy new types of asset classes on Celo.
- DeFi Dashboard: Tracking a portfolio position overtime on any of the major AMM models currently requires a separate spreadsheet. Building a tool which tracks on chain transactions plus a LP token balance would make yield farming more approachable to newcomers.
- Undercollateralized Credit: A leading strategy for undercollateralized lending is “delegated credit.” Consider applications that allow holders of cUSD to delegate them to other entities. This is a critical building block to driving down costs of capital in emerging markets and efficient undercollateralized credit. You may consider a borrowing pool from which a microfinance institution could draw and dynamically adjust the amount of funds they are able to distribute.
- Hedging for cStable Pairs: As Celo moves to release more cStable pairs in addition to cUSD and cEUR borrows and lenders will need tools to hedge volatility between currency pairs.
- Derivatives Exchange
- B2B Lending
- Credit Scoring