CIP stands for CityDAO Improvement Proposal. Passing a CIP is needed whenever funds are allocated by the DAO towards an initiative. If you have an idea for a CIP, the first step is to write up the CIP using the below template. Then post it on https://forum.citydao.io. If you get confused, pop in the Discord and ask questions.
- Any Citizen NFT holder may write a proposal and post it on the forum.
- For a proposal to move from forum to snapshot, it must receive 20 likes within 3 weeks.
- A proposal is posted on Snapshot for a vote.
- If it passes, the multisig allocates funds to the project.
- Proposal Name
- Proposal Description
- Project Team and Lead. Please describe team members and their qualifications.
- Proposal Cost and Financial Impact on DAO?
- Will CityDAO need to continue to fund operations on an ongoing basis?
- Please attach any other financial diligence - for example, estimated costs and revenue.
- Proposed team comp (can be USDC or Citizen NFTs)
- Immediate comp for research
- Comp at milestones
- What is the best case outcome?
- What is the worst case scenario?
- What’s the expected timeframe until the infrastructure is up-and-running (i.e. to be used in its full capacity by citizens and non-citizens)?
- How does this align with CityDAO’s mission?
- The mission of CityDAO is to build the network city of the future where everything is on-chain, making the physical world decentralized, transparent, immutable and permissionless.
- Will there be any new NFTs / tokens related to this project?