🍎🍓🍊 Fresh fruit salsa and homemade cinnamon sugar tortilla chips
- 4-8 different types of your favorite fruits, finely chopped. Try apples, kiwi, peaches, blueberries, strawberries, pears, mangos, pineapple, or anything else you fancy!
- Tip: Peel any fruit with thicker skins like apples and pears to keep a consistent texture!
- 2 tablespoons of honey (or maple syrup, if you’re vegan!)
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 3 mint leaves, finely sliced
- 3 basil leaves, finely sliced
- 8 flour tortillas
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Cooking spray
- Gently mix all salsa ingredients together.
- Lightly spray both sides of the tortilla and cut into eight wedges.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a large bowl and coat the tortillas.
- Arrange in a single layer and bake at 350 degrees until crispy.
Serve the chips with the salsa and enjoy!
🍫 Chocolatey fridge/freezer dates
- Medjool dates - the bigger and softer the better!
- Chocolate of your choice - dark/milk/white/sugar-free/dairy-free
- Get out a large plate/tray/Tupperware box - make sure it’s one that can fit in your fridge
- Break the chocolate into small squares and place in a heatproof bowl in the microwave (or oven or in a small pan on your stove)
- Remove the stones from the dates (if not already done)
- Once the chocolate is completely melted, place a date on a fork and dip it into the melted chocolate
- Place the chocolate covered date onto your plate and repeat this with all of the dates, then put the plate in the fridge to cool for two hours
- Take it out of the fridge and enjoy!
You can also fill the hole where the stone was in the date with nut butter before covering them in chocolate, so you have a nutty, chocolatey, chewy treat too!
🍋 Mint lemonade
- 2 Cups Boiling Water
- 2 Cups Cold Water
- 1 Cup of torn mint leaves
- 1 Tray of ice cubes
- ½ Cup of lemon juice