🚨 This page is outdated! Our new page on mentorship can be found here.
What is the Uni Group Accelerator Program?
UGAP is CEA's new program to help launch new university groups
University Group Accelerator Program
💬 If you are interested in mentoring more experienced groups, you can find information on mentoring for our new Organizer Support Program here
What does being a UGAP Mentor Involve?
- Attending a one-off virtual mentorship training
- Regularly meeting with your group(s)
- Weekly during Fellowship recruitment
- Bi-weekly during the rest of their first semester
- Time periods for pairing will range from Late December to May, depending on mentor availability & school schedules. The default program is 15 weeks.
- Relaying important information to your groups
- Regular check-ins with CEA
- Baseline these are monthly with the option of being more frequent
- (Optional) Attending a retreat after your groups(’) first semester
What are the Prerequisites for being a UGAP Mentor?
- Experience organizing an EA University Group
- Friendly and encouraging to new organizers
- Familiar with models of community building and current considerations in community building strategy
- Familiar with existing resources for groups
- (Bonus - not required) Started or revitalized their EA Uni Group
How do I become a mentor?