We hope this document helps you thoroughly understand what we, the people behind the Unmark.it hosted service, plan to do with any data you add to Unmark. If you have any questions after reading this please send us a message.
What data we store in our database:
- Your email address
- An encrypted version of your password. We cannot decrypt this password.
- Your bookmarks
- Date you saved it
- Date you archived (or completed) it
What data we use from our database:
- From time-to-time we'll use your email address to send you an update on Unmark.it if we release new features, fix a bug, change our Terms, etc. This you can opt-out of if you'd rather not get it.
- We also build an anonymous list of popular bookmarks. This means that we can see if a particular bookmark is saved by many of our users. This is anonymous to us in that we do not look to see who those users are, just the number of users that have saved it. We use this as a way to find popular bookmarks to feature via our Twitter account or other areas.
What we will not do with your data:
- We will not give your email address to any third-parties for any reason at all.
- We will not sell our bookmarking statistics, anonymous or otherwise, to any third-parties for any reason at all.
- We will not allow third-parties to email you indirectly. Meaning, we will not send you an email in behalf of a third-party.
Last update: February 8, 2019