- I've scaled eng teams through hypergrowth, written software in everything from assembly to ruby and steered Coinbase through major technology shifts (React, Golang) . Email me with a problem you're facing and I'll let you know if I can be helpful or connect you with someone who will be.
- Finding your first hires. I've gone from 0→10 at SoundFocus and 25→ 200 engineers at Coinbase. I've also written about this. Email me to set up a 30 minute call to go over the plan.
- Convincing people to join. I've closed 100+ hires at Coinbase personally. Email me to set up a 15 minute call after you've decided to hire (but before you make the offer!).
- Second opinion on important hires. Email me, and we can coordinate this.
- Talking through difficult stuff or venting. This could be anything from team conflict to communicating a hard decision or having to fire someone. I'm good at helping people rubber duck and will ask probing questions to help you to the right answer. If urgent, phone call , Whatsapp or Telegram (I'm slow on SMS).
- I've spent the last 5 years at Coinbase thinking through crypto, security and consumer fintech. If you're building something in those areas, I can help you think through things or connect you with other smart folks who can.
😇 Useful Angels
- I have a good network of Angels I co-invest with across AngelTrack, Coinbase alumni and other angel groups that I run. Once I decide to invest, I can help connect you with them.