Catalog believes in human curation, and we can’t do it alone. In addition to artist submissions curated by the core team, Catalog collaborates with contributing curators immersed in particular artist communities to expand the depth of sounds and perspectives on the platform.
🎵 Submit for consideration using the curator submissions form
How it Works
Contributing curators rotate in cycles. Each cycle has up to ten curators and spans eight weeks:
- Submission Window (2 weeks: Aug 1st to Aug 14th)
Prospective curators provide: A mission statement expressing their intended focus area, summarize their background with their music community, and their familiarity with web3.
- Submission Review (2 weeks: Aug 15th to Aug 28th)
Catalog reviews submissions and selects up to 10 contributing curators for the cycle.
- Contributing Curators Announced & Onboard Artists (4 weeks: Aug 29th - Sept 25th)
Curators are announced at the start of this period and onboard up to 4 artists from the community they submitted to represent. Once an artist is onboarded, they may press a record on Catalog at any time.
Catalog reviews contributing curator submissions with the following in mind:
- Well-defined curation focus
To name just a few examples, this could be any of the following or combination of: a specific genre, region, identity, culture, and/or theme. Priority consideration is given to submissions that focus on music scenes lacking substantial presence on Catalog.
- Demonstrated background with the submitter’s stated curation focus
The submitter makes a strong case for why they would be a good curator for the music community they propose to curate for Catalog.
- Working knowledge of web3 principles and Catalog
Curators should be able to assist artists they onboard if needed.
- Committed to an equitable arrangement with artists they onboard
Curators are not required to take a split, but must commit to receiving no more than 10% of the primary sale if they reach an agreement with the artist onboarded.
- Who can submit to be a contributing curator?
- Can contributing curators onboard any artist of their choosing?
- Can a contributing curator curate more than one cycle?
- I’m an artist - Do I need to know a contributing curator in order to be onboarded to Catalog?