Your Role | Your Profile | Our Offer | Our Benefits | The Process | Apply now!
You will operate at the heart of lemon.markets - the API.
The (RESTful) API is a composition of multiple micro-services. Some of them are publicly available, some of them operate under the hood. This means you will basically write code, so other developers can build and rely on your software.
Therefore, we like to use NodeJS, especially for asynchronous tasks. Whereas for synchronous things, we like to use Python (oftentimes in combination with Django/Flask or recently FastAPI).
Sometimes this can also involve helping our customers with their projects or contributing to SDKs and other open source tools for the community.
- You have at least 3y of experience with Python or NodeJS. We love Django, Flask and Express apps, paired with the best tools for building awesome APIs such as Swagger or Redoc.
- You have to care for production at scale and bring cloud experience to the table. We are data and latency heavy, your local machine might not be. Always keep in mind that your code has to run flawlessly on AWS.
- You have no problem with learning new technology on the go. You try to solve problems with more things than the ones you already know. We will always help you with that, but your willingness has to come first.
- You have been part of an (early stage) startup or a similar lean organization before. Working in an early stage startup can be somehow frightened, overwhelming and amazing at the same time. We want you to have experienced this before.
- You enjoy building a product from scratch. This means high involvement in the product process and understanding what the customer really needs. It also means that you enjoy taking technical decisions.
- You should not over-engineer. Hence, we have to meet our requirements regarding security, latency and uptime. You should always find the right sweet spot between over-engineering and our requirements.
—> We are more than happy to be proven wrong. Simply apply if the job sounds good to you and we will have an honest conversation about you and the way you think about backend engineering.
- Salary based on your experience. Fair cash compensation, adjustable with your appetite for stock options.
- Mandatory stock options program. We want you to be a true owner for the long term. ****
- Full time contract, flexible when needed. We try to find the perfect balance for you.
- We will bring you to Berlin. If required, we will support you with your relocation & Visa sponsorship.