Taktile is a technology company building cloud-native software that underpins the financial products of the future. Taktile exists to create value for organizations through smarter and safer decisions at scale. Our goal is to become the world's leading software provider for automated decision-making in the financial services industry and, to date, our software has been used by our customers to power over 15 million credit decisions.
Taktile is based in Berlin and New York City. It was founded by machine learning and data science veterans with extensive experience building and running production ML in financial services. Our team consists of engineers, entrepreneurs, and researchers with a diverse set of backgrounds. Some of us attended top universities such as Harvard, Oxford, and ETH Zurich and some of us have no degree at all. We have accumulated extensive work experience at leading tech companies, startups, and the enterprise software sphere. Our backers include Y Combinator, Index Ventures, firstminute Capital, and stellar angels such as the founders of Looker, GitHub, Mulesoft, Datadog and UiPath.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of backend and utility components written in Python / FastAPI: Maintain the code, give in-depth reviews of pull requests and improve the component's CI/CD.
- Work with our designers to deliver a delightful user experience for our customers and autonomously implement new features in our Typescript / React frontend.
- Spar with our Data and Machine Learning Engineers to develop the core of our data-driven solutions.
- Work with our infrastructure team on our infrastructure, based on Terraform and Kubernetes, to increase reliability and improve delivery of our products.
- Actively participate in our sprint meetings, give presentations in the technical deep dive meetings and attend our paper club.
- Come into the office (in Berlin) at least a couple of days a week, once the COVID-19 pandemic lets up.
- Learn together with your co-workers, by following your intellectual curiosity to learn about new markets and technologies as well as by participating in our active feedback culture.
Ideal, But Not Required
- Familiarity with React, Typescript and functional components
- Prior experience working with FastAPI and Python
- Proficiency in German, or a willingness to learn
- Work with colleagues that lift you up, challenge you, celebrate you and help you grow. We come from many different backgrounds, but what we have in common is the desire to operate at the very top of our fields. If you are similarly capable, caring, and driven, you'll find yourself at home here.
- Make an impact and meaningfully shape an early-stage company.
- Experience a truly flat hierarchy and communicate directly with founding team members. Having an opinion and voicing your ideas is not only welcome but encouraged, especially when they challenge the status quo.
- Learn from experienced mentors and achieve tremendous personal and professional growth. Get to know and leverage our network of leading tech investors and advisors around the globe.