Our team is on a mission to make sure everyone has a great manager. The amount of knowledge that exists in psychology research about leadership and teams is mind-blowing, but surprisingly enough, almost none of it is used on a daily basis: in your sprints, stand-ups, one-on-ones, or performance feedback.
About the role | About you | What you'll do | What you need | Tech stuff? | About us | So what now?
ABOUT THE JOB
We're looking for a product engineer to join our team full of entrepreneurs to build the App we’ve released on the AppStore last July.
- You care about what you build. You don’t just code for a paycheck, but for a cause. You have a list of companies you’d never work for, and a list of things you want to change in the world (we hope to be in the latter! 😅)
- You need to build products that you love, just as much as the users you build it for. For you, the products that you build are far more important than the tech you use to build them. At the end of the day, the only thing that matters is that users are delighted.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset. Even when you don’t feel confident, you take risks and seize opportunities, knowing that failing is the fastest way to grow.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Ship what you build right into the hand of users. You own the process of delivering features in a delightful way, just as much as you own the process of building them.
- Proactively learn about how people use what you’ve built and shipped. You won’t stick to tech stuff only, such as from performance traces, logs, crash reports; you will also learn from users directly, what they’re saying on Twitter or what comes out from user interviews, etc.
- Help the team grow our user base: at Bunch, growth and product are the same thing. The reason why? They both need to delight our users, and serve the same goal: help people become better leaders.
- Ensure that the experiences you deliver to users are frictionless, even if takes more time or 10x more effort to iron out details until they're perfect.
- Collaborate and pair program, mostly focused on our backend, but you’ll also jump on some React frontend and help our iOS app now and then.
- You will work other techies, the CTO, Product people (incl. the CEO), our Growth team but also our content team, creating the amazing scientifically backed tips that make the core of our App! This team is as cross-functional as it gets.
- You’ll get involved in hiring your peers. Whether helping to reach out a more diverse audience, getting in touch with people you admire and want to work with, or take part in mentoring and other activities to build your own network.
WHAT DO YOU NEED