Author: @Noah Truong @Nikhil Parikh
Date Created: January 28, 2023
Last Modified: July 13, 2023
Description: Onboarding information for new members
1. About the Team
Subteams make up the primary structure of our team. They are individual teams that perform work on different parts of the car. You can choose to join a subteam or try out a couple different ones. Lead’s name is in parentheses. Once you join the slack, feel free to message the lead of the subteam for more information!
- Aerodynamics (@Donnie Clarke) - Designs and manufactures all aerodynamic surfaces on the car. Nosecone, front & rear wings, side panels, underbody, sidepods. Focused on fluid dynamics and composite analysis.
- Business (@Soomin Kim ) - Fundraises all of our money. Focused on sponsor outreach, presentation, supply chain management.
- Controls (@Justin) - Designs and manufactures everything needed for the driver to control the car. Responsibilities include steering wheel, brakes, seat/harness. Focused on structural analysis, mechanism design, and ergonomics
- Chassis (@Malin) - Creates the primary tube frame of the car. Heavy focus in structural analysis and fixturing methods.
- Drivetrain (@Nicolas Hamlyn) - Responsible for all components that transmit power from the motor to the wheels. Includes differential mounts, engine mounting, sprockets, sprocket adapter, half shafts. Focus on structural analysis and tolerance/fits
- High Voltage (@Jeremy So) - Power storage and output through Motor & Accumulator. Focused on thermodynamics, electrical design and structural analysis
- Low Voltage (@Tony Wang) - Responsible for shutdown circuitry, wire harness, dashboard, data acquisition design. Focused on electrical design and software
- Marketing (@Alejandro Navarrete) - Responsible for public facing external communications of the team. Focused on communications and social media
- Suspension (@Christopher Kang) - Designs and manufactures shock mounting, A-Arms, antiroll bars, wheels, hubs, uprights, steering rack/clevises. Focused on structural analysis, topology optimization, tolerance and fits, complex multi-step manufacturing processes
- Vehicle Dynamics (@Armaan Chopra, @Alexander Adamson) - Sets load cases, builds model of vehicle, determines kinematics. Focused on vehicle dynamics, data analysis and simulation