Bitfount believes it is important for parents to spend time with their children and values flexibility. That is why we have taken the decision to offer enhanced maternity, paternity paid leave.
Statutory Parental Leave and Pay
- Statutory Maternity Leave is 52 weeks. The first 26 weeks is known as Ordinary Maternity Leave and the final 26 weeks is known as Additional Maternity Leave (You do not have to take 52 weeks but you must take 2 weeks’ leave after your baby is born)
- Statutory Maternity Pay is 6 weeks paid at 90% of your salary (uncapped); then 33 weeks at £151.97 per week. If you take 52 weeks, the remaining 13 weeks will be unpaid
- Statutory Paternity Leave is 2 weeks
- Statutory Paternity Pay is £151.97 per week
- Shared Parental Leave means you can share up to 50 weeks of leave and up to 37 weeks of pay between you
- Shared Parental Leave pay is £151.97 per week, except for those taking maternity who will still receive the 6 weeks paid at 90% of your salary (uncapped)
- Statutory Adoption Leave is 52 weeks, only 1 person in a couple can take adoption leave.
- Statutory Adoption Pay is 6 weeks paid at 90% of your salary (uncapped); then 33 weeks at £151.97 per week
Maternity Leave and Pay
Bitfount offers 3 months full pay followed by 26 weeks at the statutory level
Paternity Leave and Pay
Bitfount offers 6 weeks full pay*
Shared Parental Leave
Shared Parental Leave pay will be the same as the statutory level
You’re entitled to 18 weeks’ leave for each child and adopted child, up to their 18th birthday.
You can take up to 4 weeks for each child in a year. Parental leave is unpaid and can be booked through Timetastic.