#Personal and Contact Information:
- [ ] My first and last name are added to my LinkedIn profile
- [ ] I have created a shortened, unique LinkedIn URL
- [ ] My profile picture is clear, shows my face (not a selfie), and is in front of a professional background
- [ ] I have uploaded an uncopyrighted banner photo that shows my personality (Unsplash is a great resource for this)
- [ ] I listed a reliable email address, my
Portfolio in my contact section and made sure my privacy is set so 2nd and 3rd contacts can view them.
- [ ] I listed my title
i.e. web Developer below my name and included any other keywords I want to be associated with my name on LinkedIn. For example: “Data Scientist, with a passion for data visualizations and open-source code”
- [ ] My title does not pull from my current position as LinkedIn defaults too, unless that position is relevant to the tech industry
- [ ] I have written a minimum of 3 sentences to describe my technical skills, background, interests, passions. My about section includes key accomplishments related to masai course if need be.
- [ ] I have listed all professional roles included on my resume in this section and any that I had to cut from my resume for space
- [ ] I have written 2-4 power statements for each experience listed (okay to copy and paste from resume)
- [ ] My power statements for each experience are bulleted, not in paragraph form.
- [ ] I did list responsibilities in bullet point format (I did not leave in paragraph format) If you use Windows, hold down the alt key and type 0149 on the keypad. Release the alt key and the bullet point will appear. On a Mac, press Opt + 8 on the keyboard.
- [ ] I did start each bullet point with an action verb and I did not use phrases such as:
Helped with... (
Solely responsible for... ok)
- [ ] I did describe past projects in past tense and current projects in present tense
- [ ] I did not use pronouns such as: “I,” “we,” "they, “you,” “me,” “us”
- [ ] Optional: Masai School student experience and projects can be listed under your experience section if you have no (or almost no) prior work experience.
- [ ] If I listed my Masai School student experience, my title is [name of program] Student (example: Data Science Student)
- [ ] I copied and pasted my Masai projects in my student description and also included them in the Accomplishments section
- [ ] I listed all education and relevant certifications; including name of the educational institution, degree type, and date the degree was received or will be received
i.e. May 2020 or
Expected July 2025
- [ ] I did link to Masai School properly (Masai logo saved)
#Projects Section (Under "Accomplishments" Section):
- [ ] I selected 2-3 projects listed on my portfolio to include on my LinkedIn
- [ ] I listed the title for each of these Projects