Who are we?
Our purpose is to nurture a vibrant, vulnerable digital community that inspires easy-going exchange.
- Vibrant: A community composed of a diverse set of makers, artists, and creatives—industry, years of experience, POV, and career ambitions considered.
- Vulnerable: Open and honest, casual, willing to evolve and morph to what members want and need.
- Community: People to learn from and learn with. New potential collaborators. Friends to lean on. All possible while we can't connect IRL.
- Easy-going: Low-stakes! Informal! At no specific pace or level or urgency.
- Exchange: Cute pet pictures, how to file your taxes with ease if you're a freelancer, tips on navigating potential career paths, intel on how someone made a really cool thing. It's all worth sharing.
Think of Distant as an Instagram level-up! A virtual "turn to the person next to you" to ask a question. A place to exchange resources, ideas, and more.
We have a shiny vision of this space being somewhere where people can learn from others and learn with others. Find new potential collaborators. Develop friends to lean on. And all possible while we can't connect IRL, now and whenever that remains true in the future.
Distant intentionally is low-stakes and informal. We don't want to take this or ourselves too seriously. (Think an entire channel dedicated to cute pet pictures or how to file your taxes with ease if you're a freelancer. A place for tips on navigating potential career paths or intel on how someone made a really cool thing). We think it's all worth sharing.
Distant Community Admins
How to use Homebase