We want to make data more human.
Why Join Bayes
- We're building a design-focused, creative tool for working with data.
- We care about building intuitive, empathetic software for people to do better work. That means our incentives are completely aligned with our users — we do better when we make them better.
- That means we don't spend our time optimizing for eyeballs or taking advantage of psychological dark patterns.
- We're building good, honest software. And we're starting from first-principles while doing it. That means there's plenty of work to do: design challenges to solve, systems to architect, and performance walls to scale.
- We founded Bayes in 2019 and went through Y Combinator. We're well-funded with our seed round from Amplify Partners.
- Based in San Francisco, but working remotely.
- We're still small (6 people), which means we're in the sweet spot of building out the founding team. There's plenty of work and ownership to go around as we work together to scale the product and company.
Bayes is looking for a data journalist to work with us! You’ll work on finding and analyzing interesting datasets, and using them to produce clear, beautiful data narratives.
We are looking to create short-form explanations of independently-interesting data. The work you will create will focus on beautiful, interactive data visualizations, paired with text to motivate and explain them.