Guidance For Future Proposals
This is a framework for guidance. So, feel free to do what you feel is right for your particular proposal (e.g. if it’s a simple proposal and needs to be moved forward quickly you may elect to try going straight to the voting stage). Note: if your idea doesn’t require guild funds or addition/revision/depreciation of a guild role or active program then you probably don’t need to use the rigour of this process and can probably just do a temperature and awareness check via messages in the appropriate guild channel.
- Share an idea in #design-gov to get some quick feedback
- Do a quick @seshbot poll to get a sense of what people think
- Proposal Draft
- Use this GDoc template Proposal template when drafting a new proposal
- Signal in #design-governance that you’re working on it so that co-authors can signal interest in collaborating (i.e. work in the open)
- Receive comments in #design-gov, GDoc
- Option: LettuceMeet to coordinate feedback/advice calls where needed
- Redraft the GDoc and communicate in #design-gov when changes happen
- Option: Use a @seshbot poll to see if it’s ready for voting if unsure
- Voting (Consensus Check)
- Proposal updated to status ‘Voting’ with link to the sesh poll
- Use a @seshbot poll w/ emoji react as the voting poll in #design-gov.
- Vote poll should be open for a minimum 3 days to maximize participation
- Be sure to clearly label it as a ‘consensus vote’ and use the @design-guild tag when posting so the guild is notified for maximum participation
- All binary (yes/no) type votes require a 60% consensus to pass, all non-binary votes or variations required must be defined in the proposal and clearly state thresholds/mechanics for a successful consensus.
- Closing and Treasury Distributions
- The proposal is updated to status ‘Closed’ and a decision summary is recorded
- Guild coordinator role notified (if not aware) to rally the multi-sig signers
- Signers sign transaction(s)
Guild Sponsored Bounties
- Notion for maintaining lists of projects and talent pool
- DASH - Digital Asset Management to be a repository and a media server (proposal already made for this DAO resource).