Remote work is not 'just like office work but without the fun'. Just like a vegetarian dish doesn't have to just be a 'steak dinner without the steak'. But remote work does require us to re-imagine social life.
Social life organised by Aula
- In-person Company retreats: We meet every 6-9 months in-person for a week to bond, brainstorm and reflect.
- Virtual Company retreats: These are more frequent virtual events organised by Aula for special occasions such as summer, semester start and the winter holiday.
- In-person socials: Aula facilitates in-person socials for team members that live in the same city e.g. London, Lisbon, Cluj.
- Retreat All-Hands: Every other week on a Friday, all team members meet virtually where we play a casual game for a chance to disconnect from work. We also have the Retreat All-Hands Championship where team members compete to win prizes every quarter by participating in our retreat all-hands games.
- Donuts: We use Donut to encourage team members to meet up with someone else on a weekly basis for a casual coffee (or donut!) chat
🥳 All company-wide socials are kept in our Socials Calendar (‣) so team members don't miss a thing!
Team-specific socials are organised by teams themselves.
- Individual teams are encouraged to plan socials paid for by Aula. Ping Tomi with a message for more details.
- Individual teams are encouraged to meet for work-based retreats paid for by Aula. Ping Ozzie and Tomi for more details.
Tips for when you get lonely
Building trust and building community counts as 'work'. "A remote coffee a day keeps the therapist away", as they say.