Husband to Megan. Father to Grayson and Maggie and our newborn baby Mila. Investor. Stay at home dad. 3x entrepreneur and exits - smallLoans.com, SportyTweets & Realty.com. Passionate about innovation, new business development, and customer experience.
Topics That Interest Me
- Parenting, fatherhood
- Future of... retail, commerce, payments & marketing
- Brand building
- Alternative Energy: solar, batteries, ESS, VPP
- Beach erosion
- Why I Volunteer
- Clemson #AllIn 🐾🐯, Charlotte #Hornets 🏀, and Carolina #Panthers 🏈
Interesting Facts About Me
- Although I come from a long line of entrepreneurs, I graduated with a Civil Engineering degree and worked as an engineer for the first 7 years of my career.
- I helped rebuild the US Embassies in Tanzania & Kenya that Bin Laden infamously bombed in the late 90's. I was involved as a project engineer for 7 embassy builds in total.
- Built my first house myself before I was 30. (I was the contractor, not hammering nails). It was a 4,000 SF, 3 level house, using precast concrete. And I lived there for 10 years.
- I was the president of our HOA for several years. I don't recommend it.
- I'm a visual learner, but I process thoughts verbally.
- Much like one of my childhood heroes, Homer Simpson, I worked at a power plant in college.
- Met my wife in a bar. (See, we're not so different after all.)
- My first two kids experienced rough deliveries and spent a week in ICU (for different reasons). Both are completely normal, happy and healthy, praise God! #miraclebabies
- I'm one of five boys. I'm the middle kid. The thinker.
- I LOVE to play ultimate frisbee and disc golf.
- I grew up and live in the Lowcountry, SC.
How to Reach Me
Posts & Faves
- "But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called “Today,” so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness" - Hebrews 3:13
- "I can finally build something of my own, something I can be proud to give you." - Life as a House
- "Most people use statistics the way a drunkard uses a lamp post, more for support than illumination." - Mark Twain
What I'm Reading