👨💻 Navigation tips
Comment, Ask & Discuss everywhere with
⌘ or ctrl + Shift + M
Expand for details & resources everywhere by clicking
- 📣PR / Communications
- 🗓Planning & Produce
- 🎣Reel in the Congregation
- 🤝Meeting 1: Welcome March
- 🤝Meeting 2: Welcome April
- 🤝Meeting 3: Welcome May [optional]
- 👣Peer Coaching Session
- 🤑Money Talk
- 🌕The Mini-Gathering
📄Table of Contents
🔦2018 - Pre-Research (mucking about)
Conception & Exploring connection || January → December
Appetize Empathy - a thoughtful dining experience (iArts poverty project) [Jan]
Appetize Empathy was an artistic dinner show in which 8 participants were selected from a wide range of socio-economic positions. The guests were invited to dine with each other for 2 hours.
The project was seeded at the start of 2018 when I began research into the state of poverty nearby Maastricht. The aim was to eventually "create an artistic dinner show" which would express my findings and reflections. I worked on this with four colleagues from iArts (Rubi Jansen, Milou Elbersen, Anchel Pablos, Mattia Vavassori).
In retrospect, I notice Appetize Empathy relates clearly to my current work of 2020:
- It was participatory - the audience interacted
- It was socially experimental - we created unordinary physical and social interventions which invited participants to interact with each other and themselves
- It intended towards a very practical takeaway - each participant voiced their professional skills and personal needs. They also wrote them down volunatrily along with contact details and exchanged with each other.
Graphic invitation of Appetize Empathy sent to participants // [✍️Mattia Vavassori & Joshua Glass]