What is The Playground?
⭐ The Playground is a weekly space for theatre-makers of all kinds to explore, create, and PLAY. Each session is led by theatre-maker with an idea to explore or skill to develop, like:
- R&D of a new show by a director or writer
- Shakespeare workshop led by a a facilitator looking to get more experience
- Mock music call led by a new musical director
Think of it like a co-op: someone can be a Player in a clowning workshop one week, and a Leader of their own session teaching songs from Hadestown the next week. We’re all Leaders and we’re all Players.
- Try out new ideas
- Receive feedback and support
- Practice leading a workshop
- Gain confidence
- Get testimonials
- Film for performance and funding applications
- Learn new skills & techniques
- Stretch your acting muscles
- Experience the R&D process
- Practice your craft
- Get back in a learning environment (anyone else miss drama school?)
- Explore roles you wouldn’t normally play
- Be part of new work and add it to your CV!
- Try new things!
- Make friends!