The planning, estimating and execution of programmes of systems development work to time, budget and quality targets. The identification of the resources needed for systems development and how this will be met with an effective supply capacity. The alignment of systems development activity and deliverables with agreed architectures and standards. The development of roadmaps to communicate future systems development plans. The adoption and adaptation of systems development lifecycle models based on the context of the work and selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Defines systems development projects which support the organisation's objectives and plans.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate systems development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Ensures that senior management is both aware of and able to provide the required resources.
- Facilitates availability and optimum utilisation of resources.
- Monitors and reports on the progress of development projects, ensuring that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed architectures, standards, methods and procedures (including secure software development).
- Develops road maps to communicate future development activity.