The application of the principles and practices of authoring, designing, controlling, and presenting textual information (supported where necessary by graphical content) to meet the requirements of intended audience(s). This information may be delivered via digital, print, or other medium. Management of the authoring process and the interaction with editorial and publication processes.
- Contributes, under instruction, to the generation of content, and to configuration of content items and files.
- Executes pre-planned testing activities under supervision, recording findings.
- Develops an understanding of content development and authoring activities, such as information gathering, creating draft content, identifying appropriate illustrations, and proper treatment of copyright and considering the publication medium(s).
- Works with colleagues and clients to understand audience needs and to assimilate source material.
- Creates draft materials that present information clearly, concisely and accurately in appropriate plain language, which meets the requirements of the audience(s) as clearly, simply and quickly as possible.
- Applies guidelines and standards to moderate content from others, escalating where appropriate.