Subscribe to get more book digests: https://acacess.substack.com/subscribe
🚀 The Book in 3 Sentences
☘️ How the Book Changed Me
✍️ Top Quotes From the Book
- Success gives you real ammunition. When something succeeds, you know what worked--and you can do it again.
- Evolution doesn't linger on past failures, it's always building upon what worked. So should you.
- What you do is what matters, not what you think or say or plan.
- In fact, no matter what kind of business you're starting, take on as little outside cash as you can.
- Embrace the idea of having less mass. Right now, you're the smallest, the leanest, and the fastest you'll ever be.
- A business without a path to profit isn't a business, it's a hobby.
- You just can't do everything you want to do and do it well. You have limited time, resources, ability, and focus.
- There's the stuff you could do, the stuff you want to do, and the stuff you have to do. The stuff you have to do is where you should begin.
- The big picture is all you should be worrying about in the beginning.
- Be a curator. Stick to what's truly essential. Pare things down until you're left with only the most important stuff.
- The core of your business should be built around things that won't change. Things that people are going to want today and ten years from now. Those are the things you should invest in.
- It's easy to put your head down and just work on what you think needs to be done. It's a lot harder to pull your head up and ask why.
- Sometimes abandoning what you're working on is the right move, even if you've already put in a lot of effort. Don't throw good time after bad work.