👋🏿👋🏾👋🏽👋🏼👋🏻 At Mad Realities, we hold two things to be true as we grow our core team — hiring is more about the person and less about the description; diverse teams build the strongest, most meaningful products. We are committed to building a team that reflects these beliefs, and cannot wait to speak with you.
⭐ To apply, DM us on Twitter or a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the role.
As an early product engineer, you'll get to apply a unique blend of design and engineering knowledge to both create thoughtful experiences and reimagine the way content is created, consumed, and distributed. We want people to experience delight interacting with all drops and products within the Mad Realities Universe and need someone who thinks holistically about design, but is detail obsessed in implementation.
What you’ll do.
- Design & ship core features. Spec, implement and maintain core features and infrastructure. Given the size of the team, everyone is touching all parts of the stack and has lots of responsibility.
- Collaborate & learn. You'll partner with the rest of our team, communicate openly, give and receive thoughtful feedback, and have a chance to learn from people who excel in their areas of expertise.
- Take ownership. We're focused on building a high-trust, ownership focused environment where everyone aims to define what they think is most important to work on, and drive initiatives forward.
- Interview Users, Analyze Feedback & Help Prioritize the Roadmap. We're iterating quickly, and have seen lots of emergent behavior from the early users of the product. Part of your role will involve trying to synthesize learnings from our users to help inform what use cases we should focus on, and identifying how we can iterate quickly to continue finding product-market fits as we launch new products.
- Design and code polished features & interactions. Our design and engineering teams spend a lot of time in Figma. As a designer who can code, you'll collaborate with the rest of our engineering team to handoff off your designs and produce specs that capture the nuances of the features and interactions we're looking to ship.
- A user-focused approach to design. Constantly empathizing with users and checking back in to make sure we're delivering intuitive value and enjoyment.
- Clear design process. Including the ability to identify the right problems to solve, consider multiple alternative solutions and speak intelligently about the tradeoffs involved in the different solutions.
- Ability to deliver pixel-perfect designs. Both at the design and front-end code implementation level, you care about coming back to something again and again until "it feels right"
Examples of What We’ve Built & Will Build