This document sets out the current specification for Plan✕ when provided on a Software as a Service (SaaS) basis. If you have any specific queries that are not yet answered here, please get in touch. Plan✕ is also listed on the Digital Marketplace here.
Plan✕ is currently in development. Where information is provisional / in progress, it will be highlighted yellow.
What is Plan✕?
Plan✕ is a content management platform for planning services. It enables local planning authorities to write, share and operate digital planning services that are simple, powerful and user-friendly.
In many ways Plan✕ is like many other form-building software applications, except in that it has very powerful features for logic automations and sharing content between organisations. It has been specifically designed to support the needs of planning departments.
Developed in collaboration with authorities and DLUHC as an open source tool, the aim of Plan✕ is to make planning simpler for everyone.
- Simple, seamless planning self-serve interfaces for applicants and their agents which can be accessed via your council website
- Works in browser on desktop computers and mobile devices
- Includes 'Find out if you need planning permission' service
- Themed for your council identity, following standard component patterns
- Dynamic, 'smart' content (based on logic automations) so the service responds to users’ inputs
- ‘Help text’ fields for every question, so everything the user needs to know is in one place.
- Pulls in GIS data from Digital Land API
- Editor interface for content management by planning officers
- Shared service modules, kept up to date by others
- Service analytics and feedback